Friday, February 5, 2010

Elected Officials Being on Radio Stations where host call president a CLOWN! Why?

#100-11-2009, Omissions by local press:

Address before “Valdosta City Council Meeting on November 4, 2009, at 5:30 PM. BY: (George Boston Rhynes)

SUBJECT: Respecting Members of Our Armed Forces by Elected Officials NOT being in company in RADIO Stations that call the President a CLOWN among other things…..

Mr. Mayor and Council!

My name is George Boston Rhynes. My address is (Address Given), Valdosta, Georgia. At the last Monthly Meeting, I spoke concerning some of our Elected Officials being in the COMPANY of certain people on RADIO stations. Wherein the EXECUTIVE COMANDER-IN-CHIEF of our ARMED FORCES, is repeatedly referred to as a CLOWN, and where the word RACISTS, is used quite frequently.

I said the, and NOW! That criticizing the Executive Commander In-Chief of our Troops, stationed in Iraq, Afghanistan along with Squadron, Base, and Wing Commander at MOODY AIR FORCE BASE Georgia was not good for our city.” But when we repeatedly see, and hear. That our elected officials are ”IN THE COMPANY”, with people who carry this on. Then this is NOT good, and that COMMANDERS probably already--- have a hard enough job keeping unity and morale up in their squadron.

Then the day following last months meeting the Valdosta Daily Times reported that; “citizen (George Boston Rhynes) says elected officials INSULTING president on radio.” The Article is By Johanna Pinholster.

Then earlier that morning, I recorded on, a local Radio Host---with the Mayor as his guest. The Mayor used the opportunity ---to interpret my comments as POLITICAL POSTURING and for ME (George) to accuse ONE or TWO ELECTED OFFICIALS---may have been as the Mayor put it----“RACIALLY MOTIVATED.” He also said among other things, ---that I attend every City Council Meeting. Now let the record on that speak for itself.

LASTLY: I have a TRANSCRIPT that I am going to leave with you today of last Months Meeting. And I want to do that because I think it is in the best interest of my credibility, my character and who I am. And what represent and who I spoke on behalf of, and that was our military people (I am a retired military veteran) and the President of the United States which those men and women. Which I have said before put their lives on the line and a lot of them at Moody are listening---to what we say.

And I never said any council member or any elected official, any elected said anything---that was insulting to the President. But I said it then; as I say NOW, being IN THE COMPANY of those who call our EXECUTIVE COMMANDER-IN-CHIEF of our military Armed Forces a, CLOWN etc. This is not in the best image of our city, and Moody Air Force Base, Wing Commander.

And I will give you a TRANSCRIPT of that meeting from last month, as well as well as what I said tonight. So we can get the record straight. I thank you!

RESPONSE FROM MAYOR: Thank you sir!

No comments: